Praj Industries Chair Professor
Department of Energy Science and Engineering (Formally Energy Systems Engineering)
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai, 400076
Santanu Bandyopadhyay is currently Praj Industries Chair Professor, Department of Energy Science and Engineering, at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IIT Bombay). He obtained his B.Tech. (Hons.) in Energy Engineering from IIT Kharagpur in 1992, and M.Tech. and Ph.D. in Energy Systems Engineering from IIT Bombay in 1995 and 1999, respectively. His research interest includes Process integration, Pinch Analysis, Industrial energy conservation, Modelling and simulation of energy systems, Design and optimization of renewable energy systems, etc. Since 1994, Prof. Bandyopadhyay has been associated with and contributed towards various developmental, industrial, and research activities involving different structured approaches to process synthesis, energy integration and conservation as well as renewable energy systems design. Prior to joining IIT Bombay, he worked for M/s Engineers India Limited, New Delhi. He was one of the section editors for the Elsevier project, Encyclopedia of Sustainable Technologies. He is currently one of the Editors-in-Chief for Process Integration and Optimization for Sustainability (Springer Nature) as well as Associate Editor for Journal of Cleaner Production (Elsevier), Clean Technologies and Environmental Policy (Springer Nature), and South African Journal of Chemical Engineering (Elsevier). He is a fellow of the Indian National Association of Engineering (INAE).
- Energy Systems Modelling and Analysis
- Power Generation and System Planning
- Foundation for Energy Engineering
- Thermodynamic Analysis of Industrial Systems
- Direct Energy Conversion
- Process Integration
- Mathematical Foundation for Energy Science
- Introduction to Energy Systems Engineering
- Energy Management
- Thermodynamics and Energy Conversion
- Energy Resources, Economics, and Environment
- Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics
Some Continuing Education Program for Working Professionals
- Energy Efficiency and Management, TEQIP program for Government College of Engineering Aurangabad, Basaveshwara Engineering College Bagalkot, Samrat Ashok Technological Institute Vidisha (2017), Government College of Technology Coimbatore (2020).
- Sustainable Energy Systems, TEQIP program for College of Engineering, Pune (2019).
- Pinch Analysis, In-house program for Forbes Marshal Ltd., 2014.
- Solar Thermal Process Heat for Applications in Industry, 2012.
- Pinch Technology: Energy and Water Management, 2011.
- Pinch Technology, In-house program for Engineers India Ltd., 2011.
- Energy and Water Conservation through Pinch Analysis, In-house program for Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd., 2010.
- Energy and Water Conservation through Pinch Analysis, 2009.
- Process Integration for Pollution Prevention, 2007.
- Energy and Water Management in Process Industries, 2005.
- Process Integration for Energy Conservation, 2003.
OfficeSustainability and Process Integration (SPrInt) Lab
EN-318, Third Floor
E-mail: santanub [ at ] iitb.ac.in