Diamond Jubilee Workshop on
Department of Energy Science and Engineering
13-14 December 2018
VMCC, IIT Bombay, Mumbai
Department of Energy Science and Engineering (DESE), IIT Bombay, welcomes all enthusiasts and participants to IIT Bombay’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations. As a part of the celebrations, we are conducting a two-day workshop focusing upon the different aspects and various challenges associated with the energy sector.
This workshop brings together leaders from industry, research organisations, and academia to discuss the challenges and opportunities in the energy sector and create roadmaps and shared vision for the future.
The first day of the workshop focuses on energy research while the second day focuses on energy education. Outcomes from the workshop include recommendations on:
1. Identified research gaps and research priorities in short term (next 5 years), medium term (5-15 years), and long term (15-30 years).
2. Role of academia, administration, and industry towards development of indigenous technology and manufacturing facilities.
3. R&D infrastructure in academia, research organizations, and industry – Policy, funding, coordination between the various research institutes and administrative bodies.
4. Human resource development – Education goals for meeting R&D and academic needs of India, curriculum, training, job market, and coordination and collaboration between various educational institutes.
5. Framework for training of faculty members and technical staff.